Date: Saturday 21 April – Sunday 22 April
Tutor: Richard Box
Time: Saturday 10.00 – 18.00 (1hr lunch)
Sunday 9.30 – 15.00 (1/2hr lunch)
Cost: £149 includes lunch (please indicate any dietary requirements when booking)
Please bring with you:
A selection of coloured photographs and magazine pictures and even some of your own coloured drawing and paintings of any subject which will act as your guide and inspiration. Choose uncomplicated images with clear distinctions of colours and tonal values
– A sheet of tracing or greaseproof paper.
– Two pairs of scissors – for paper – for fabric.*
– A small jar of PVA. *
– A small brush for the adhesive.*
– One square metre (approx.) of firm fabric such as hessian in any colour.*
– Lots of small scraps of all kinds of fabric sorted in reds, pinks, yellows, oranges, blues, purples, greens, browns, greys, whites, blacks and multicoloured.*
– An electric sewing machine with which you are familiar and which drops or covers the ‘feed’, does zig-zag stitch and has a darning foot.
PLEASE NOTE: the darning foot is crucial. Please ensure that you have practised with it before the course, so that you will be comfortable doing free machine embroidery.
– 90 or 100 sized sewing machine needles.
– Machine sewing and, if you have them, machine embroidery threads in the same range of colours as above.*
– Hand sewing needles and all kinds of yarns and threads in your possession.*
– Some coloured pencils.*
– A large-eyed, sharp pointed needle (e.g. a ‘yarn darner’).*
* Richard has extra items of those mentioned for you to borrow (so long as he remembers to bring them !!)